Although the past few months have been very difficult for all of us, we all have blessings in our lives to be thankful for.
Breakfast With Santa Foundation is inviting residents of Mississauga to decorate their front yards, porches or front entryway in the spirit of Thanks Giving with Autumn themed decorations. Post a scarecrow in your front yard, line your steps with pumpkins and corn stalks, stack hay bales, maybe you always wanted to bring the country to the city. Let your imagination loose.
The contest will be held within the following dates:
Entry Nominations will be accepted between September 18th and October 15th.
Contest Judging will be held October 17th.
Winner will be announced October 19th.
Please ensure you read the following Rules and Regulations prior to entering or nominating an entry:
- Participation is open to all residents within the boundaries of Mississauga.
- You may enter yourself or nominate someone else. All nominees must have a Mississauga address and consent to the nomination.
- Entry is free.
- Nominations must be received no later than 5 p.m. on Thursday, October 15, 2020.
- Contest is only for exterior decorations that can be viewed from the sidewalk only. Only decorations placed on the street side of the property will be judged. Judges will not enter enclosed porches therefore if entering a decorated porch please make sure it is an open porch. Judges will not enter the property to view side or back yards. This contest is for front yard and/or front open porches only.
- Judging will be based on curb appeal therefore if the decorations are not visible from the street it will not be judged.
- Participants of this contest agree to have one photo of their decorated exterior posted on Breakfast With Santa Foundation’s website and Facebook page. Participants also agree there will not be any compensation whatsoever for said posting of publications.
- Judging category is residential (homes, houses serving as places of residence) meaning entrant must be a resident of the property being entered.
- Judging will take place on Saturday, October 17 therefore entrants must ensure all decorations are in place for this date. Judging will take place between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- One prize will be awarded to the winner consisting of a $100 Visa Certificate.
- Contact information must be filled out on the registration form in order for the winner to be contacted.
Be creative and have fun!