Since Covid19 arrived in our lives, Breakfast With Santa Foundation has:
- Distributed 130 new winter coats, 75 pairs of warm socks, 60 pairs of mitts and 51 hats to children who were in desperate need of appropriate winter gear
- Distributed 543 backpacks full of school supplies to children whose families were not able to supply them
- Distributed 597 non-perishable Food Hampers to food insecure families in Mississauga
- Distributed 1,250 toys to children of financially distressed families over the Christmas Season
- Started Ilda’s Room, a baby layette program..
- Re-directed the amount of funds we ordinarily would spend to feed hungry children in the schools we work with to Eden Food For Change. This is an effort to collaborate with an amazing food bank in order to help feed the increased number of families needing assistance.
- Re-directed a fair number of InKind donations received to Feed Mississauga’s “Just 4 U Box Project”. These boxes contain much needed essentials for babies, teen girls and teen boys and will be donated in support of Peel Children’s Aid.
- Became a member of FoodRescue.ca in order to be able to “rescue” perfectly good food being destroyed. Once the children go back to school in September we are anticipating a drastic increase in hunger thus the opportunity to rescue food we will be able to use to help.
- Been working on collaborative efforts to reach more hungry children in our communities through our programs
You must be logged in to post a comment.