BREAKFAST WITH SANTA FOUNDATION – ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING – MINUTES
JANUARY 23, 2020 – 7:00 P.M.
Frank McKechnie Community Centre, 310 Bristol Rd. E. Mississauga
1) Maria welcomed everyone and gave a small cheer to a very production 2020 and an extremely successful decade ahead.
2) Attendance: Maria Esteves, Henry Esteves, Seny DaSilva, Danny DaSilva, Imran Hasan, Teresa DeLuca, Tenci Leite, Samir Zaher, Alfreda Zaher
3) Regrets: Susan Prophet, Ann Boyd
4) Review agenda. Maria asked if there is any foreseen conflict of interest from any of the Board Members. No Conflicts! All approved.
5) Maria distributed the Financial Statements for the year end 2018. Motion to Approve Financial Statements for year end of 2018 as presented by Maria Esteves and Seconded by Samir Zaher.
All in favour. Moved.
6) On April 16, 2019 the Board of Directors voted and passed a motion “To accept the Conflict Resolution for Members items i) through to vii be added to the Conflict Resolution Appendix 1 document” of Breakfast With Santa Foundation’s By-Laws. The motion was unanimously Passed.
Maria moved to approve the accepted motion by the Board of Directors at the Board of Directors Meeting of April 16, 2019 “To accept the Conflict Resolution for Members items i) through vii be added to the Conflict Resolution Appendix 1 document”, Seconded by Alfreda Zaher. All in favour. Unanimously passed.
Also, on April 16, 2019 meeting of the Board of Directors a motion was voted and passed “To accept the addition of the following statement: “Board of Directors will declare potential conflict of interest and refrain from discussion and voting when a true or perceived conflict of interest exists, under the Heading of Meetings paragraph 6(a) of the By-Laws”.
Imran moved to approve the accepted motion by the Board of Director at the Board of Directors Meeting of April 16, 2019 passed “To accept the addition of the following statement:
Board of Directors will declare potential conflict of interest and refrain from discussion and voting when a true or perceived conflict exists, under the Heading of Meetings, paragraph 6(a) of the By-Laws” Seconded by Seny DaSilva. All in favour. Unanimously passed.
7) Maria distributed the Projected Budget for 2020.
This is a budget for an optimal year of 2020 with the hiring of an Executive Assistant (which is a wish) and Lawyer’s fees for the Amendments to the By-Laws as well as to the Constitution which should reflect all our programs and not only the Christmas Breakfasts. Teresa DeLuca moved to accept the Projected Budget for 2020 as presented. Seny Da Silva seconded. All in favour. Moved.
8) The Christmas Breakfast that will be sponsored by Tim Hortons this year will be Saturday, December 5th 2020 at the Mississauga Convention Centre. Maria sent a wish list to Scott at Head Office, which includes their help with loading and unloading the truck, wrapping of gifts and even possible donation of gifs. This event will be solely staffed by Franchisees and their families/staff as well as our key volunteers.
9) The Christmas Breakfast that will be sponsored by Amazon Fulfillment, will take place on Sunday, December 13, 2020 at the Mississauga Convention Centre. This event will have the help of Robert Half. The buffet tables will have to be shared and both will need to staff the tables as well.
10) The Mississauga Grand usually sponsors the last Sunday before Christmas which will be Sunday, December 20,2020. This date has been confirmed with Sam and this will be the breakfast co-sponsored with M.P.I. Toronto Chapter and where Wells Fargo will be offered to staff tables.
11) Sorting and cleaning up of the Storage Unit will take place on Thursday, April 30, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
12) Our January 4, 2020 Brainstorming Social Meeting was very productive. Minutes of Meeting are attached herein.
13) Maria distributed the wish list for 2020
14) Coats 4 Kids will continue from January 29th to December 14th 2020. Maria would like to see initiative on all the Councillors Newsletter and possibly have them organize a day at their office for drop offs.
Ads will be placed in the Mississauga News and Snapd North.
15) Back to School Backpack drive is August 1st to September 30th, 2020
16) Salad Days at Lancaster Public School will no longer be sponsored for the term September to end of December 2020. We will look into starting at Brian W. Fleming Public School.
17) Registration Dates for “A Morning with Santa” Christmas Breakfasts:
November 17, 18 & 19
Venues: Frank McKechnie; Mississauga Valley Community Centre; etc.
18) Wrapping toys dates Tuesday, November 24, 2020
Assigning Names to toys, Thursday, November 26, 2020
19) Maria emphasized it is with great pride Breakfast With Santa Foundation acknowledges the City of Mississauga’s support as we are a Registered Group under the Community Group Registry Program.
20) Treasurer’s Report – deferred to the next meeting
21) President’s Report – deferred to the next meeting
22) Testimonials – Maria shared notes/messages received
23) Other – Portugal Day Saturday, September 5, 2020 at Celebration Square. B.W.S.F. will have a booth.
Imran showed samples of Name Tags for B.W.S.F. Volunteers. All in agreement to go ahead and purchase for Board Members and Regular Volunteers.
Meeting adjourned at 8:25 p.m.